German and Scandinavian Records at Midwest Family History Expo 2013
Don’t pass up this fabulous opportunity to attend classes with Ruth Ellen Maness, AG a Senior Research Consultant for Scandinavian Reference at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. will be teaching eight classes at the Midwest Family History Expo at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 110 South Second Avenue, Kearney , Nebraska 68848 on September 6th and 7th, 2013. The Expo will begin open for onsite registration at 12:00 pm on the 6th and the Keynote address will start at 1:00 pm.
Registration in advance of the Expo is $69.00 and registration at the door is $99.00.
Ruth Ellen Maness, AG will be teaching the following classes:
- Find Your German Ancestors Now!: Strategies For Solving German Research Problems
- Avoiding Mistakes in German Research
- Mumbo Jumbo? 10 Tips for Learning to Read Scandinavian and Germanic Gothic Script
- Please Papa May I Go?: Records Created via the Emigration / Immigration Process
- Helpful German Research Websites
- Assessing Scandinavian Information in New FamilySearch and Family Tree: 10 Do’s and Don’ts for Cleaning it Up
- Using Danish Military Records To Find Your Ancestors
- Effective Use of Scandinavian Gazetteeres: 10+ Sources To Use
Ms. Maness is the Co-compiler of the Passport to Paradise: The Copenhagen “Mormon” Passenger Lists, Legacy of Sacrifice. She is a conference lecturer for NGS, FGS, BYU, UGA, ICAPGen SM conferences and an Instructor at the Salt Lake Institute for Genealogy. She has taken research trips to Germany, Poland, England, South Africa, and Eastern/Southern/Mid-Western U.S. She was also a contributor to Everton’s Genealogical Helper.
When you register, your syllabus handouts on CD are included with your registration fee. If you also want a printed copy of the handouts for note-taking at the Expo be sure to purchase it when you register for this event (if you have questions be sure to call us 801-829-3295).